EXPANDED BEAM FIBER OPTIC CABLE ASSEMBLIES
kSARIA expanded beam fiber optic assemblies have been designed for use in the most demanding harsh environment applications including: military tactical communications, outside broadcast, petrochemical plant, mining, and offshore systems.
Using a precision lens system, expanded beam connectors increase the diameter of the beam through the connector’s optical path.
- Expanded beam connectors are less susceptible to insertion loss due to dust and debris than physical contact connectors.
- There is no physical contact of meeting termini as in butt-joint fiber optic connectors.
- Expanded beam connectors can have >1000 mating cycles.
- The expanded beam connectors are hermaphroditic which facilitates daisy-chaining and makes them ideal for tactical deployments such as satcom, military and broadcast applications
- MIL-DTL-83526 Specification
- Singlemode and Multimode options
- Field repairable: EB insert & shell parts replaceable / re-useable
- 1, 2 & 4 channel plugs and bulkheads
- Low insertion loss / high return loss
- 90° Backshell options for plug and bulkhead